Wednesday 10 April 2013

Helga the Hedgehog


I found this image on Pinterest a while ago and thought it was super cute, and made me think of my children's baby sitter who has 2 real hedgehogs. The pattern comes from Drunken Aunt Wendy's Designs and is another free pattern. I wanted to give this a try and I am always up to learning new stitches and the loop stitch was a new one for me.
This critter turned out much larger than I thought it would. I am not sure how large the original one turned out to be.
My first try at this one I was happy with how she turned out but the view of the bottom was a bit wonky. I wish I had taken a picture of it before giving it away.
My second try on making Helga I put the bow at the neck and called him Homer. I played around with the number of loop and non loop stitches to make the bottom flatter and it turned out better. Also, for some reason Homer was smaller than Helga. I am not sure if I used a smaller hook or not.
I am going to make another one for my own keeping as Helga and Homer now live with the kids sitter.

My Helga.
Helga meets her man..
I am still not happy with my embroidery skills. I liked the thought of embroidered noses instead of beads, however, the threads are not lined up as nice as I would like them to be... again more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment