Thursday 11 April 2013

Cutest Striped Giraffe


When I first saw this giraffe I thought it was the cutest thing ever. I tried to find a pattern but my search left me empty handed. So, I thought I would try to make him myself without a pattern and when I went looking for the image again I found the pattern and it was free.
I found the pattern at I Love Buttons by Emma




He is really really cute.

I had to make a few changes to the pattern and I outlined them below. This was fun to make!

Changes to the Body Pattern

Change colour (tan)

R23: Sc 2, dec 1, rep 6 times (30)
added Row 24  SC1, DEC1 repeat 6 times (24)
Follow the rest of the pattern just increasing the row numbers by 1.


Giraffe Parts
No ears or horns

Is it a bunny or giraffe

He is done...


When doing my rows I followed the invisible join method as found a PlanetJune website.
My joins turned out OK.
 My invisible joins... no that invisible


invisible join at back


1 comment:

  1. Hi Peggy,
    He looks great, I love seeing the finished works. I will endeavour to fix the pattern soon. Thanks
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete